January 10, 2014. 376 Days.
That’s right. I’m turning 30 in 376 days. No, I didn’t forget that I have a birthday coming up (my 29th) in 12 days but I’m more excited for my 30th. Though many of my own friends are freaking out about getting older, I’m actually pretty excited. For me, birthdays don’t signify getting old but another year that you get to live life, set goals and experience an adventure! So, in honor of my 30th birthday I created a “30 Before 30” list.
You may have heard of the 30 Before 30 concept before…if not, just google it and you’ll find TONS of blogs about it. The basic gist of it though is that it’s 30 things/goals/experiences/adventures/etc. that you want to experience in the year before you turn 30. Some people start sooner than their 29th birthday to give them more time, especially if their items include more exotic travel, but I will be starting on my 29th birthday. On Thursday, January 10th 2013, the adventure begins.
- NYE 2013 in New York City
- Learn to drive a stick shift (sober)
- Run a 5K
Get ordained onlineFEB 16, 2013 I WAS ORDAINED!
- Learn to ski – water or snow but face-planting doesn’t count!
- Learn how to change a car tire & do it on my own
- Go zip-lining
- Read the Top 10 Novels of all time
- Visit Disney World / Harry Potter Land
- Plant a garden & keep it alive … for at least 3 months
- Take an art class of some sort
- Start learning Korean again
- Buy myself the Kate Spade bag I want
- Host & Cook a 3-course meal for 5 of my friends
- Build a piece of furniture that will actually be used in my house
- Get my CHL
- Travel by overnight train somewhere
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Play a round of golf with mom & beat her
- Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
- Spend a long weekend in SF
- Visit a winery & learn about wine
- See a live Rocky Horror Picture Show performance
- Get the tattoo I’ve been wanting
- Take a burlesque class
- Ride a segway
- Take a last-min weekend vacation w/o planning it or scheduling it
- Write a letter to each person who has had a significant influence in my last the past 9 years
- Go to a Cowboys, Mavs, Stars, Rangers, FC Dallas game
- Be able to fully customize my blog/website on my own (learn more coding!!!)
Well…there it is! As I complete each, I’ll probably put a post up on it to share the process. If you have a 30 Before 30 list, let me know and I’ll link to yours!