Welcome, welcome, welcome! If you’re like me (a very sad student going back to school) then you’re more than likely either back in school already or getting ready to start. Well, to you, I say “Chin up, a new semester means a new beginning. A Fresh Start!”
Every new semester I tell myself “this year is going to be better” but we all know how that goes. My intentions start off great but begin to dwindle around the 9th week. It happens, we’ve all been there. There can be many reasons as to why I slip around this time but I think I’ve pinpointed the main issue. Time commitments.
I’m notorious for over-scheduling myself on certain days and then having nothing on others. My calendar already looks like a hot mess around mid-terms in October, ahem…9th week! It’s only the first week of school and I can feel myself slipping! So, now its time to take a step-back and re-evaluate. To do this, I’ve decided to do the following:
- Write down all my responsibilities.
- School = Priority
- Work (Social Media Consulting)
- Work (Mary Kay Indep. Beauty Consultant)
- Friends/Life = Low man on this totem-pole….womp womp, adios mi amigos.
- Figure out how much free-time (not in school/sleeping/eating/driving/etc.) that I have
- Oye…not much time here but since my earliest class starts at 1pm, it looks like I’ll have to become a morning person. 5am starts here I come!
- Apparently waking up early is how the most successful, stay successful! http://bit.ly/TEuRfo
- Find/Rearrange study and work space
- Apparently my “bed-desk” set-up is not ideal. I guess the extra room for all my “overflow” will be packed/stored in the garage soon …weekend fun, yay!
- Hopefully this article will help me figure out the best set-up. http://on.mash.to/OylLk9
- Set my GOALS and write them down
- I’m pretty good at setting goals, but I rarely write them down…on paper. I’ll type them up because I’m at my computer always, so it’s just easy; or, just remember them in my jam-packed mind.
- It will also help me figure out the path that I need to take to get myself to the ultimate goal.
- Need more convincing? Check out this article. http://bit.ly/S5w5Fr
- Take it day by day
- Realizing that each day I have a new chance at a fresh start is something I will have to remember. Not getting overwhelmed with everything and enjoying the accomplishments I make as the day goes by, will be a goal I write down now.